– 15g olive oil
– 58g diced onion
– 1/4 tsp minced garlic
– 240g cubed ham
– 2 eggs
– 462g liquid egg whites
– 60g whole milk
– 130g steamed broccoli florets
– 28g cheddar cheese
– salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add ham, and continue to stir and cook for 2 more minutes, browning the ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, and cheese. Make sure and withhold 1-2 tbsp of cheese to place on top later.
- Pour bowl contents into round pie dish, then add ham/garlic/onions.
- Add steamed broccoli and make sure all the florets are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until middle doesn’t “jiggle”.
- Add the rest of the cheese on top, then place in oven for 1-2 more minuets until melted.
- Cut into 8 pieces, serve and enjoy the Low Carb Ham & Cheese Quiche!