– 3 pieces center cut bacon
– 90g white onion, diced
– 734g (1.6 lb) 96% lean beef
– 66g tomato paste
– 100g light cream cheese
– 960g beef bone broth
– 283g frozen riced cauliflower
– 55g shredded cheddar cheese (a block of cheese shredded by hand works best for this recipe)
– 55g heavy whipping cream
– 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 tsp garlic salt
– 2 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- Cook bacon at the bottom of large soup pot; flip when the first side is done cooking and cook until bacon is perfectly crispy.
- Set bacon aside on a separate plate, then cook onion in bacon grease for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and cook until almost done (stir to cook evenly).
- Add tomato paste and cream cheese, stir, and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add bone broth, cauliflower, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble set aside bacon into small pieces, then add to soup.
- Stir in cheese and heavy whipping cream last.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, combine a few tbsp of water with 2 tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl until fully dissolved, then pour into soup to thicken.
- Serve and top with extra bacon bits, cheese, chopped tomato and pickle if desired. Enjoy!