– 50g light butter (Country Crock brand is recommended)
– 1/4 tsp dried basil
– 1/4 tsp oregano
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
– 1/2 tsp minced garlic
– 260g zucchini noodles
– 560g raw chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
– 35g vodka
– 700g crushed tomatoes
– 46g shredded parmesan cheese
– 45g heavy cream
- Heat large pan over medium heat on stovetop.
- Add light butter and garlic. Stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, season chicken with salt, pepper and herbs then add to pan.
- Cook chicken until cooked through.
- Add vodka and let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While that’s simmering, place zucchini noodles in a separate pan greased with non-stick cooking spray. Cook noodles, stirring occasionally, to desired doneness.
- Add heavy cream to vodka sauce mixture and stir.
- Serve zucchini noodles with sauce/chicken mixture and enjoy!